Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thanksgiving in Palmdale!


Since I don't have a ton of time... and pictures speak louder than words. I'll send a lot of pictures!

 

I was able to eat not only one... but two thanksgiving dinners with my 2nd family!  I love the soukup's so much!  They said they are planning to move in the next several years.. I told Robin soukup that she can't move to Idaho or any other place that I don't have family close by... her response was, "It doesn't matter where we move... if we move to Idaho, then you'll have family in Idaho!" 

 

Every transfer the missionaries serving in the Ana Verde ward would bring me all of the drawings that soukup kids made for me... they put some extra effort in this time and made life size superhero's to give to me! This time they were delivered in person:)  I definitely felt loved:)

 

I wish I had a couple hours to write about all the hilarious times Elder Houghton and I have already had! He feels like a long lost friend and we've finally been reunited!  We sat down on planning day and made a list of all the things we need to do to baptize 8 people while we are together.  We are both ready and willing to do whatever it takes to be apart of some amazing miracles!  I couldn't ask for a better person to serve with for my final 2 transfers of the mission.

 

There is a man named Mark Davis who came to stake conference last week.  He wanted to get baptized the same day of stake conference because of the spirit he felt.  He was taught the first 3 lessons in one day!  He is set for baptism on Dec. 12.  Elder Houghton and I were talking to him on the phone Thursday night to get to know him a little better because he is in our area. He just recently got a job driving trucks so travels all over the country.  He called himself the craved after convert and a golden investigator.  We finished talking to him and were just in complete amazement about how sincere this guy was.  Elder Houghton and I were so excited that Elder Houghton literally started hyper-ventilating for at least 15 minutes.  I haven't laughed that hard since spending time with my bud Brandon Wilde!  

 

Well, after that night we felt like Mark was too good to be true. So we decided to call him and ask him all of the baptismal interview questions. We kept telling ourselves that he had to be on probation, parole, be living with some, or something else! Well, we got a nice "god smack."  He answered all of the questions better than anyone else I've ever taught.  He has been studying on his own and been reading the book of Mormon daily.  He said he shared the message with several different people while out on the road.  He is truly a Christmas miracle!

 

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

 

P.s. Check out my womping willow model shots;)

No comments:

Post a Comment