Sunday, December 6, 2015

Weeks Turn Into Days!


This might have been one of the busiest weeks we've had in awhile.  I am most definitely ready for a nap and I'm praying I'll wake up from it! 

 

We had Mission Leadership Council (MLC) this last Wednesday.  The last one didn't go as well as we wanted it to... so we made sure this one would make up the difference.  We probably spent 5+ hours planning it on Monday.  We had a really powerful counsel with all of the leaders in which we received some very specific revelation from the Lord.  If missionaries will teach on the spot and not give people the opportunity to say no by giving them an out... such as asking "are you busy?" "would you like to hear a message?" but rather simply beginning to testify and teach... and also promise investigators blessings when they have legit excuses... then the Lord has promised us that we can find a minimum of 3 New investigators in each area.  We felt the spirit so strongly as we came up with these action plans and we know that the Lord will hold his end of the deal if he hold ours!  

 

We were able to travel up to Lone Pine and be a part of the Ridgecrest zone training meeting.  It was the first time in awhile that I've seen real mountains... I was definitely expecting more trees... but then I remembered the place is called "Lone Pine." haha.  It was a great meeting... it is always awesome to see how excited missionaries get when they talk about the potential they have in the coming month.  

 

M** D** should be getting baptized this coming Saturday.  He is still such an amazing example of faith!  We texted him this morning about going to church while he was on the road.  He said, "Church is going to be me in my semi truck and my Book of Mormon"  We told him that he would need to go to church so that he could partake of the sacrament and also so that he could meet the requirement of going to church at least 3 times.  His next text back was "Alright, I'm going in Blue jeans!"  Real Faith=immediate action.  I love M** and I've only taught him over the phone!  I'm excited to teach him in person this coming Tuesday!  He is truly a Christmas Miracle!!!

 

We also have been working with a lady named S**.  I realized after seeing her the first time... that I had given her a pamphlet and shared a short message with her about a year ago when I was on exchange with the assistants!  She had fallen off the map and has recently reappeared! She came to church last week and this week.  Not to mention she gave us all of her cigarettes and is working towards baptism on the 19th!  Nothing beats seeing investigators progress and put their trust in the Lord!

 

For those of you who haven't seen the video the church put out #ASaviorIsBorn... I would encourage you to go watch it right now.  Every time I watch it I feel the spirit.  I also love the African boy... Every time he says "From our sins... From our sadness"  I can't help but smile and think of the people of Sierra Leone. 

 

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment