Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Mighty 5th Ward


Words cannot express how amazing my experience has been in the Bakersfield 5th Ward.  I have met some of the most amazing people and seen some huge changes in the 6 transfers I've been here.  I had the strongest feeling when I left the 5th ward the first time after only being here for 2 weeks... that I had much much more to accomplish in this area! I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for Providing a way for me to return and accomplish all that He asked of me.

 

This last week was filled with a lot of goodbyes and a lot of preparing for transfers.  We were still able to teach and find as if it were a normal week though! Little things like that are just a miracle to me.  I can't wait to bring my family back to visit all these new Family Members.  I always wondered when I was little why we would call people at church brother or sister... After being on a mission, calling someone anything else almost doesn't cut it, especially when you've had spiritual experiences with each other!

 

I am going to be Companions with Elder Houghton the Mountain.  He might not live up to that name in stature... but he sure does in spirituality.  I am ready to hit the ground running in Palmdale 1st and work as hard as I can until the end of my mission.  I am giddy to see the miracles that will surely come as we build each other's faith and those we will teach!

 

Shout out to Elder Bird, He was one of the assistants serving with us who just went home.  I've never met a more up beat, lively, impressive missionary.  If you are looking for the Ideal missionary... He is the one! We will miss you!

 

Love, 

Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment