Sunday, November 1, 2015

Be a Little Bolder

I don't have much time to write a lot so I'll write as quick as I can.

This past saturday almost all of the recent converts I've had while in this area were able to go down to the temple for their first time and do baptisms for the dead.  The ward put together a "ward temple day" and it sounds like it was quite the success.  Unfortunately we weren't able to go because it is out of our mission boundaries... but listening to all of them talk about the spirit they felt and how amazing the temple is was music to my ears.  I think spiritual experiences are just the coolest things.  As a missionary I strive to create the perfect climate in which others can have a spiritual experience... well, if you take someone to the temple the climate is created for you!!  Many of them were able to take family names and be baptized for their parents.

Something that we have heard a lot this week as we've talked to people is that..."You don't need to go to church to have a relationship with God... I just stay at home and pray"  That is such a contradictory statement to me.  Relationship: the way in which two people are connected, or the state of being connected.  All relationships take effort to make them a GOOD relationship or a STRONG relationship.  I think that the most important thing in our lives should be our relationship with Heavenly Father.  There is an actual being who puts 110% into watching, listening, loving, and helping us with whatever we need. Yet we often say to ourselves "ehh I'm gonna skip out on church"  We decide what kind of relationship we want to have with him through our actions.  Going to church is one of the most basic things we can do to show Heavenly Father that we care about the personal connection we have with Him.

I've just begun reading the Book of Mormon again.  As I've read in 1 nephi it is amazing to me how quickly Laman and Lemuel begin to murmur.  They have amazing experiences... they even see an angel... and quickly complain and make excuses.  I hope and pray that I will be like Nephi.  I want to go and do anything Heavenly Father asks of me.  We had zone conference this week in which we had a really really sweet instruction from President Wilson.  He used the story of Nephi when he breaks his bow and quickly takes action while trusting in the Lord.  Nephi is a master problem solver!  

President wilson handed us all a little rock and asked what we saw... He said to him that rock was what he wanted us to be.... He wants us to be "A little Boulder"  I'm a sucker for puns:) haha

This coming week is going to be quite hectic with many many meetings and exchanges.  I love the life of a missionary!

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal!

No comments:

Post a Comment