Monday, February 23, 2015

It's Raining. It's Pouring. And work in Palmdale is far from Snoring

We have been seeing miracles and I love it.  Heavenly Father is so good.

I have still been feeling under the weather, but I have said a lot of prayers for strength and energy this week that felt as if they were immediately answered.  One second I was falling asleep in the middle of planning, the next second we were knocking doors getting attacked by a vicious dog.  Nothing wakes you up more than when your life flashes before your eyes! haha Elder Burke and I about collapsed from laughing so hard once we were out of danger haha!  Be careful for what you pray for sometimes;)

We have been doing a lot of things with my recent convert Tray lately.  She is so pumped about the Gospel!  It was her Birthday this last week and I was happy she invited us to come and celebrate with her.  She is so stoked about sharing the Gospel with her friends and with living the commandments to the fullest.  She joined us in 2 lessons this week in which her testimony was so stellar and really invited the spirit.  No doubt I was ment to come and teach Tray in this area.  I know that we are gonna be life long friends!

One of the times I felt the spirit the strongest this week was in a lesson we had with a family we have been teaching a lot lately.  We were discussing how when you feel the spirit it is so vital that you act on what it is telling you.  I shared an experience that I had in High school that I haven't shared with many people.  I went to a special needs mutual for a year and I was paired with a buddy named Kam Wilhite.  It was the first time I had really spent any time one on one with someone with special needs.  After about 4 or 5 times going I had a huge revelatory experience that I owe to all of the special needs people there.  I felt the spirit so strongly while we were doing an activity and it pointed out to me a specific thing that I need to repent of.  I had denied that prompting many times in the past but this time it was different.  I looked around at all the special needs people that I had come to know and love and I realized that they were all going to the celestial kingdom.... but I on the other hand was not doing things that would lead me in that direction.  I decided right then and there to act on the prompting I had and I changed what I needed to change in my life.  That was one of the times I felt soooo close to my Heavenly Father, my Savior, and his choicest spirits (special needs).  I shared that experience with them and the exact same feeling of peace, love, and warmth were ever present in the room with us.  God does speak to us... but what good is that if we don't listen.  

Also, that same family is working on getting married... and when we talked to them about it the first time they weren't too set on it.  The very next time we saw them before we could even sit down they told us they had picked out a date to get married on and already bought a wedding dress!!! Not to mention they want to make it a double wedding with our other investigator family! Sounds like I am going to have more wedding dates than baptismal dates for a little bit! haha.  They all came to church this week and loved it.  They are probably going to get married at our church which will give the ward a great opportunity to do missionary work and get very involved with the family! Woot!

Shout out to the missionary with the same name as me! Elder Crandall (papa bear) I love you. I am grateful to be part of your posterity.  We are so lucky to have the plan of salvation.  I can't wait to live with our awesome family for eternity!

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment