Monday, February 9, 2015

Hump Ditty Dump Day!

I had such a fun week.  My new companion Elder Burke and I ran off ice breaker mints the whole week because we never had time to sit down for lunch or dinner! (wish I was joking hahaha)  Don't you worry though.... we went to the mexican market this morning and loaded up on all kinds of crazy meats and tortilla's! 

We had mission leadership council this week with our area 70 Elder Garnes.   He talked about smiling.  There are so many positive things that come from smiling and it is the most simple thing to do.  You never know who's day you can make just by smiling at them.  The missionary in me is about to come out.... "Will you smile at one person a day this week?" hopeful answer: yes..."I promise you that you will make a new friend or help answer someone's prayer." haha

We also had a Zone Training Meeting.  Elder Burke and I felt very strongly about focusing on enjoying your mission and how you can better work with members.  We asked Sister Jacobs (one of our STL's (STL stands for Sister Trainer Leaders) that just finished training) to give a talk on being enthusiastic.  She is from the south... so you know it was the best talk I have ever heard.  She talked about how one night she came across one of her recent converts drunk.  She started to pray that she could talk to this man in a state he would understand and not be completely drunk.  That instant he started throwing up nonstop.  Her response to that" MMMHMMM that's right!"  She said when she felt lower than low staying positive and taking her problem immediately to God it all worked out.  Another quote that just kept me laughing was, "Ammon was so enthusiastic he passed out!!!! Several Times!" haha Oh I wish you could have been there to hear it.  She is going to be an incredible leader and inspirererer(don't know how that's spelled ha!) for this mission!  Elder Boy also gave a talk about enjoying your mission.  He talked about how if you repent and don't fight the change, then you will love every minute.  When we try and hold on to disobedience, girlfriends, whatever it be, then we can't fully immerse in the mission.  I loved it.  The spirit was soooo strong for the whole meeting.  Also, a miracle that happened.... last month Elder Hyde and I were really emphasizing achievable goals that will help you stretch.  We set some tough but achievable goals as a zone and we were 3 short for people at church for the month.... AND... We hit our goal right on the money for member presents! So awesome.

Regardless of all the craziness going on.  My own personal goal this week was to make sure we had a member at our new investigators house and that the member did the inviting to church.  We did just that and we had 5 new people come to church!! Oh my goodness I can't tell you how excited I was.  I have been trying soooo hard for so long to get some new people to church and the answer was so simple!  Brother Williams is one of the coolest members I have met.  He is a convert so his contributions in lessons are always stellar.  He picked them up for church and gave a talk with his family in sacrament.  His non member dad was there and as he spoke about the Plan of Salvation you could just see how hard the spirit was hitting him and how much he wanted his father to feel the same thing.  I love Brother Williams.

I am so thankful for all that I have.  I would not give my spiritual experiences for anything.  I love recognizing divine help and I love when others recognize divine help.  I've heard a lot about agency in the past week.  How lucky are we that we can choose whatever we want.  We get to choose our consequence... by making that first choice.  I love the comparison of this life being a 4 minute bobsled race.  We trained for an eternity before we came to this earth... we make the choice while we are here to stay in the bobsled and endure or to jump out and lose everything. By reading your scriptures and praying daily you are practically duct taping yourself up so there is no way you could even think about hopping outside of that bobsled haha!

I love you much! 

Shout out to Both my uncs. Happy birthday this week to Uncle Greg and Uncle Rob!  I am sure lucky to have your examples!

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment