Monday, June 9, 2014

4 Months Went Fast!!!!!

I am slowly starting to forget what home is like.  Elders will ask me my favorite movie or Song and I honestly can't remember what I use to like! haha!  I am trying real real hard to forget what Lake Powell is like because I know that trip is coming up soon for the family.  I am pretty absolutely positive that the celestial kingdom is just a massive lake powell.  I'd like to say I've seen heaven in some of my dreams because I dream about lake powell wayyyyy to much haha.... and the longer I'm out the more my dreams are me trying to  teach someone a lesson while riding next to them on a wakeboard or other weird proseylting situations haha! 

It's almost a blessing that Heavenly Father helps you to forget about all the details of home and what is happening in the world.  I want to be in this world but I want nothing to do with the commotion of it.  Shout out to my dad for the killer talk he gave at I think it was stake conference about this.  He sent me the talk and I couldn't put it down.  

Being a missionary is so sweet because you get to help change people's perspective of life.  Lot's of people here think that people with money are happy.... ohhh how that is just the biggest lie I have ever heard.  Some of the happiest people I have met have absolutely nothing and are surviving day to day.. Some of the Sadest people I have met have more money than they know what to do with.  Jacob 2: 16-19.... read it... its a sweet one! 

 Perspective is something I never want to lose.  I know that I am here on this earth for no longer than 100 years... and that the actions I take while here will determine where I go for ETERNITY!  Why would we stray from the Gospel of Jesus Christ for even a second?? well.. we lose our perspective.  I can remember going to EFY and leaving thinking... wow... I want to live the way I have for the past week and be this close to the spirit.  Slowly I would lose perspective until I was just right back to doing the same things I was doing before.  So how can I keep my perspective?? Developing Good habits.  Missionaries are so close to the spirit because for a minimum of 2 hours everyday they are feasting on the words of Christ.  We are constantly mindful of the people we are teaching, and just passing by on the street. We are doing our very best to develop christ-like attributes.  I remember someone gave a talk while I was home and she mentioned how her son was about to come come from his mission and the siblings were laughing and joking about how weird he would be for the first month or so. She sad she was a little thrown by the fact that her kids were calling it weird.  She sat them down and asked them... why would we want our missionary to come back and adjust back to life in the world... why don't we raise ourselves up to his level.  He has been closer to the spirit while on his mission than he has his whole life so why would we want him to stoop back down to our level... In no way am I saying that missionaries are better than people who aren't on missions but what I am saying is that.... I hope I am the "weirdest" kid ever when I get back and I hope I stay that way for the rest of my life.  If some people consider being close to God and living his standard weird.... then I want to be like Davis Busteed weird!! (He is the goofiest,most odd, funniest and funnest kid I know) haha!  I don't ever want to lose the habits I have made on my mission. And if I don't.... I wont ever lose my perspective on this life.

If someone has lost there perspective.. no worries.  That is why we are so blessed to have the Atonement.  The Atonement allows us to start over and start fresh.  If you never have had a perspective on this life... I encourage you to read the Book Of Mormon.  There is no other book written that will help you realize your purpose.

We had a baptism this week!  Aminata Sannah was baptized and confirmed.  She is 20 years old and is the sweetest  most giving person I have ever met!  She makes us snacks almost everytime we go to her house so you know I love her haha!  I love when people realize their own personal relationship with our father in Heaven and then act on it by making their first covenant at baptism.  I will try and send a picture of it next week.

I went on a couple exchanges this week and had a blast.  My area is struggling with the number of people we are teaching so we worked soooo hard on finding kingdom builders and adding them to the people we are able to see often.   We found 7 new people!! it was so awesome!!  Contacting people is such a thrill haha! You never know what the person is gonna be like until you talk to them so you just have to "feel the fear and do it anyway" - A very timid Steve Crandall. haha! My testimony of the work is increasing everyday.  It can be hard and disappointing at times but if you never let the things you can't control bother you... then there is nothing to worry about!! 

Shout out to Lindsey Parrish.  She sent me a talk written by Elder D. Todd Christofferson about taking life one day at a time.  I opened it and read it EXACTLY when I needed it.  God works in mysterious ways but I know he had me open that letter at the perfect moment.  When times ever get hard, rely on the lord more than you have been and focus on the NOW.  

I love you all and hope you have a good week!!

Elder Cran man

No comments:

Post a Comment