Monday, September 15, 2014

Howdy

This week was a pretty average week for a missionary... we worked hard and saw a lot of progress in our investigators.  We also did 12+hours of service that was pretty exhausting.  We have lots of people we needed to see so we didn't even have time to weekly plan for this next week... so we should probably squeeze that in pretty soon or this week is gonna be Hectic. 

I never realized the effectiveness of planning before my mission.  If my friends and I wanted to go on a hike... we didn't plan it... we just did it! If we wanted to have fun... we didn't plan it... we just did it!  Well, there is so much to do constantly as a missionary and there are some things that you can only do at certain times... so if you just go out and "do it" you will only be wasting the Lord's time.  Pretty Ironic that I had the prompting to write about this since this is the first week I've completely skipped planning... but I'm just following the spirit! haha  Maybe my next paragraph should be about practicing what you preach... but I will repent and do better this next week.  Anyways, I really enjoy the schedule that we have as missionaries... I use to hate it but I realized how fast days fly by... Every night I just lay in bed like....No way did today happen... It flew by!!  If you have plans... back up plans... and back up to your back ups.  Then Life is sweet!  The second we have to ask.... "well what should we do??" we really didn't plan as well as we could have!

I was studying Alma 34 pretty deep and I loved verse 33.  it says "And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many witnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not procrastinate the day of your repentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold if we do not IMPROVE our time while in this life, then cometh the night of darkness wherin there can be no labor performed.

Heavenly Father expects us to be perfect... but not yet... all he expects is that we IMPROVE while we are here!  We can change ourselves on our own.... but the atonement is a catalyst when it comes to making change really happen!  We teach a lot of people who don't have a lot of hope for the future.  They think sometimes that they aren't good enough to become perfect and that it is too late for them... Well if they keep that same attitude... then it is too late.... but the instant they choose to change.... then they will receive divine help!  I love this gospel so much.  I know that money doesn't buy happiness.... attitude does.  The Gospel is LOADED with hope, help, and HEAVEN! (high five for anyone who enjoyed that) haha

I have developed such a love for the scriptures... I am saddened by the fact that I didn't take advantage of them before.  I wish I could have full days to dive in to them and talk with God!  They are so incredible. 

We have some amazing investigators.  Tanya's dad went to the E.R. literally 5 minutes after we stopped by to make sure they were awake and ready for church.  They spent the whole day reading the BOM in the hospital together.  Devin her son said a prayer on the way to the hospital asking if this was an ok thing to miss church for... None of the family really believed there was a God before we started meeting with them...

Other investigators that we just got Tray and Brandy... Tray is like 23 and has a full ride to a college in San Fran for basketball... hopefully we play next p day and I can get dominated by a girl.  She is soooo ready and so is her sister Brandy... They have no family support other than each other... They work full time, and are always busy... other than the time they set aside to learn about the gospel with us! 

Palmdale has a huge problem with smoking... and I can smell weed at almost every apartment we go tracting at.... People really don't understand what a blessing our bodies are and how disrespectful it is to Heavenly Father to Destroy them.... Word of wisdom pamphlets have been coming in handy haha!

Shout out to the Tracy Family.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  I love you all and I am so grateful for the generosity you have shown to me over the years.  You are definitely a second family to me.  I love you tons. Turn to God.... he is there.... always!

Love Vandal the Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment