Monday, September 29, 2014

Blah

We had another fantastic week.  We are continuing to work hard and work with members.  We taught 10 lessons with a member present!  I really don't know what we are doing differently... but Heavenly Father just really wants to bless us!  I keep trying to write in my journal all the details so that when I come to a really hard time in my mission I can look back and try to emulate what I have already done.  Mission is a constant up and down battle... so when you are on top you've got to make sure you are constantly trying to obtain good habits so when the downs come... you just push on through making it look and feel like no problem!

We received transfer calls last night.... I normally don't care too much whether I go or stay.... but I have been praying I stay.  I really love the ward I am in.  I have met so many amazing people who I hope to be life long friends with.  Also, the relationships I have built with my investigators are incredible and the relationships I have seen them build with God are even better.  When all is said and done.. all that matters is where we stand with Him.  I really try my hardest not to care what people think of me, whether it be good or bad.... what really matters is what God thinks of me.  That is something I try to help my investigators to understand... Eventually when I leave, all I want is the feeling that I will see them again... maybe not in this life... but if they keep doing the things we teach them... then in the Celestial Kingdom!  I know I will see many of the people I taught in Sierra Leone there!  But for now.... we've got to push through anything that comes our way!  I'm gonna miss Elder Billings and all of his redneck attributes... but the Lord needs him somewhere else in the mission and I am excited to see the success he will have in his new area.

I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders this last Tuesday and it was awesome!  I love them so much!  They are such great examples and they truly make me want to be a better person just being around them!  Elder Duckworth came to my area with me.  We worked hard and taught some awesome lessons.  We taught one lesson in particular that was so powerful.  We taught 2 sisters named T*** and B*** about the Law of Chastity.  They are pretty close to our same age and so lots of times Elders make it awkward and weird... but there is no reason to.  The Law of Chastity is definitely one of my favorite commandments.  If we want REAL happiness and trust in our lives... then learning to obey the Law of Chastity is the best way to go.  We taught it at a members house and the spirit was just so overwhelming.  I love when I teach and words are just flowing out of my mouth without any thought.  The spirit knows best... and when I get to be the tool for him... I can't explain the peace and happiness I feel.  The more I think about it.... B*** and T*** remind me of I*** and S***.  I*** and S*** were 2 investigators that I was teaching in Sierra Leone that I had some incredible experiences with.  All 4 of them have something in common.  and its not that they are black.. but that is an awesome bonus! haha They have the strongest desire to be close to God!  There is a reason why loving God with all your heart might mind and strength is all we talk about!  Once we learn that... then commandments/rules are something you follow without even thinking about it! Anyways, T*** will be baptized on October 11 and B*** should be following close behind. WOOT!

When you wash clothes with your hands... your hands become clean in the process.  

I feel so much more confident about myself and my relationship with God.  I feel forgiven.  I know I am forgiven.  Doing missionary work has seriously cleaned my soul.  If you want the same feeling... then go share the gospel with someone else!

Shout out to my mom.  I love you. Thanks for all you have done to keep my friends and me in contact.  I can't wait to read about the experiences my buddies are having all over the world! (I put together a quarterly newsletter for 24 of his school friends and just mailed it on Friday.  He is anticipating getting it in the mail today or tomorrow.)

Sorry for sending a short email this week... I have a major headache from schooling all these elders on the B-Ball court!

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal!

No comments:

Post a Comment