Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Conference is Killer!

I want to start off by saying... I didn't fall asleep for even a wink during ALL of conference! WOOO! haha My notebook is pretty much filled after all that I was trying to capture and put on paper!  Thank goodness I can't put into word's how I felt, or I would have filled every notebook I've ever owned! haha

I've been asked several times who my favorite speaker at conference was... I've decided that is an impossible question to answer.  I'll share some of the things that stuck out to me.

James B. Martino... "God doesn't answer questions of curiosity, but rather questions of intent and sincerity."

Several times I heard that if the Holy Ghost whispers something for you to do... then DO IT!  The more we heed the whisperings of the spirit, the more he will whisper to us!  When we have the Holy Ghost... We are able to see as God sees.

Fransico Vinas..."Repentance is a process not and event."

Allen D. Haiyne spoke familiar words as he described playing in the mud and then not being let inside.  I could picture myself doing the same thing when playing at lake powell.  Who knew why I would go and dig random holes... it's a boy thing. haha  This talk had a such a unique analogy that I connected to perfectly.

Devin Durrant.... "PONDERIZE"

Gregory A. Switzer... True disciples desire to inspire the hearts of men.... Stand up and Testify!!

D. Todd Christofferson made it quite clear why church is necessary.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "I don't need to go to church to have a relationship with God." well people... According to God... You definitely do! ha

Elder Holland reminded me that the only thing comparable to the Savior's love for us... is our mother's love for us.  For those of you who don't know... My mom makes sure she tells me how much she loves me in every single email:) You're the best mom!  

Lastly... I felt the spirit the strongest while listening to the testimonies of the 3 new apostles.  I've already had my own confirmation that the Lord called them and that they are special witness's of Him. 

I found myself wanting to jump for joy several times during the conference because of the amazing feeling I had while I listened.  Many memories of family and overwhelming gratitude filled my soul.  

The Gospel is real.

I went to the temple on Friday with all the departing missionaries.  After the session ended... while still inside the temple I caught eyes with a man who was in our session.  He looked sooo familiar but i had no idea why.  He came over to me and we started talking.  He said he loves missionaries and can't wait for his son to get home in 2 weeks.  Come to find out, His son is Elder Lehr.  Elder Lehr and I were in the same apartment in Sierra Leone in my first area! He has been in the Louisana baton rouge mission since the evacuation.  This was just another tender mercy that Heavenly Father knows who I am personally and out of all the people I could run into it was one of the parents of a favorite missionary friend.  Elder Barrick and I took a picture with him and it felt like a little slice of Salone.

Love Elder Crandall

No comments:

Post a Comment