Monday, August 3, 2015

The Work is Swell

I just want to start off by saying I love being with Elder Horan! He and I have been working hard, playing hard, and laughing hard.  It it really cool how Heavenly Father gives us certain companions right when we need them!  Who knows how long we will be together... but I hope it's a long time!

As a leader, one of the biggest responsibilities you have is to lead by example.  I've seen time and time again that when the leaders are struggling... then their stewardship is struggling.  When the leaders are doing awesome... then their stewardship does awesome!  Well, that puts a lot of pressure on the leaders!  This is something I think a lot about!  I know Heavenly Father is aware of my concerns and wants me to know he is always there.  Going into this past week I was a little anxious with how poorly our investigators were progressing.  We didn't have the best of plans set for the coming week because we had so much going on last week that our weekly planning session was a little poor.  I prayed so hard that we would see some miracles!

First Miracle: We were tracting around an investigators house and only had 15 minutes before we were going meet a member to teach our investigator.  We hadn't found any new people to teach so far in the week and I was getting a little antsy about our lack of performance.  As we walked by a group of little kids one of the girls yelled out, "Hey! You are the people who gave me a picture of Jesus!" We went over and talked to her and I recognized her from 2 weeks before when we had seen her right after we talked to the hard core Anti Christ.  She said she took the picture to her mom and that her mom was going to buy her a little frame to put it in! I asked her if her mom was home and if she wanted to take us to her so we could meet her! We ran 2 blocks down and met her mom A****.  She quickly recognized us as Servants of the Lord and told us she had really been struggling lately. We invited her to be baptized within 2 minutes of talking to her and gave her a chapter to read and told her we would be back in an hour right after we taught our other lesson.  We came back an hour later and she had read the chapter and really liked it.  She came to church this week with her 2 daughters and her 2 month old son.  Boom... Miracle!

Miracle #2: We got a referral from a guy who is staying in our ward for about a month who sells alarm systems for vivint.  He told us to go by and pretend like we had just been working in the area.  We tried by and..... nothing.  We kind of forgot about it the rest of the week until saturday evening.  We decided to go by and the second we knocked on the door. R** answered and let us right in.  She has a sister that is a member and went to church many times with her friends when she was a teenager.  She said she hadn't stepped foot in any church for at least 6 years but that that very day she decided to pray and ask what church she should go to.  Next thing she knew we were knocking at her door.  We taught her the Restoration and the sprirt that was there was really powerful.  At the end of the lesson she said one of the most sincere prayers I've ever heard. You could tell by the look on her face that she felt God's love and was starting to recognize the path Heavenly Father was laying out for her. She came to church the next morning and absolutely loved it.  We taught her later that night as well and she is working towards her baptism on Sept. 5th. She reminds me so much of my recent convert C** L**.. they even have a similar background.  I guess we know who to take to the next lesson with her!;)

We have Mission Leadership Council this week and a couple of exchanges.  I am pretty excited for the miracles I get to see this week! I love my mission I just wish it would slow down! 6 months left:/

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

p.s. A member hooked me up with a new camera:)

No comments:

Post a Comment