Monday, April 13, 2015

Seeiing with Heavenly Glasses!

My mission has definitely been different this past month than it has been the entire time.  I feel like a parent wanting, wishing, and praying that my children will all do their very best and be successful.  I am learning to develop a greater love for the missionaries and cheer for them in whatever circumstance they are in.  We all want everyone to be perfect... especially ourselves.  We must learn to look at others in the way that God looks at them.  One of my assistants in Sierra Leone told me that every time he would ride on a taxi motorcycle he would look at every single person... smile... and in his mind say to himself "He/She is a child of God."  I was behind him one time on one of these occasions... and he would really do it.  He was such a good example to me that everyone needs to feel loved in their situation.  When you look at people through Heavenly glasses, you see their potential.  They can become a God.  That is no hocos pocos, greek mythology stuff... that is part of Jesus Christ's Gospel.

I found that I expect a lot of myself.  I am definitely a perfectionist.  I really want to be my best self 24/7 but I can't be.  We are mortal and are given weakness's for a reason.  If we didn't fall short sometimes then we wouldn't rely on Jesus Christ's Atonement to make us better.  I was pretty wiped out at the beginning of the week and felt guilty for it.  If we are a broken tool then Heavenly Father can't use us.  

We finally got our investigators to church this week! We had to bang on their bedroom window to wake them up but they came haha!  They even brought some cousins!

Our exchanges this week went really well. I was with an Elder and we didn't have the van.. so we were on foot the whole day! We pretty much got lost in the neighborhoods...but we were following the spirit and found 3 new investigators.  At one point we had no clue where to go so we found ourselves a little corner... said a prayer.. listened for the spirit... next door we knocked we taught a lesson and had a new investigator! I love when stuff like that happens cause it sure isn't a coincidence!

Something I really love doing is saying vocal personal prayers.  I like to call them closet prayers.  I was feeling really burden down and wiped out yesterday so I decided to unload all of my concerns on my Heavenly Father and ask him for guidance.  As I said the prayer my mind was opened and I really felt so connected with Heavenly Father. As I would ask for something... a simple answer would appear in my mind.  I felt the spirit really powerfully and I know that Heavenly Father was listening intently to my prayer.  I felt so relieved and energized! 

This coming sunday our mission is going to do a Fast for missionary work.  Almost all of the stakes are on board and will be praying along side the missionaries to have 75 baptisms in the month of June.  I can't wait to be a part of the miracles that are going to happen in this mission in the coming months!  This week alone we found 180 new investigators... we normally find around 100!

D&C 75:5 And thus, if ye are faithful ye shall be laden with many sheaves, and crowned with honor, and glory, and immortality, and eternal life.

Our new mottos for the mission is #GETSHEAVES 

Shout out to my mom. I love you way to much. I feel so blessed that Heavenly Father would send me to you and Dad. You are such a great example.  Happy Birthday! 

Shout out to my mom look a like... Aunt Bets! Happy Birthday this week as well! You are so wonderful and sweet to everyone!  

I have the best family:)

Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment