Tuesday, April 21, 2015

#GetSheaves

It has been another wonderfully busy week with a lot of exchanges and a lot of teaching.  We found and taught more investigators this past week than I have any other week in Bakersfield so far.  Our main focus for this last while has been to expect miracles and wowsers.... we've seen a lot.  I just finished my 24 hour fast for missionary work and I am breaking it with candy... so bear with me if this email is scatter brained! haha

There was a zone that has been struggling this past little bit so we scheduled a little zone meeting to talk with them and get them pumped up.  It is so easy to become casual with the work and fall into repetitive habits that don't require real faith.  Real faith is so interesting. I could study it for years and years and learn more and more about it.  Anyways, as we talked with this zone we very quickly realized that they were simply going through the motions.  We need to have conversations with God and figure out the specifics of how we should work in a certain area.  If your mission is feeling dull or lame... then my heavens you need to switch it up!! With faith comes creativity.  One of the funnest things is to pray for something to happen... and then to see it happen!  If you want to get pumped up... then go out... put your faith to the test... and experience a miracle!! We've received several texts from that zone since... they are already tripling what they were doing before and have seen many miracles!

C** V** should be getting baptized this coming Saturday!  We are really excited for her and have seen tons of progress since we first started meeting with her.  She is 15 and is the leader in her family.  Her faith reminds me of my mom's.  It is not easy to take steps into the darkness without your family taking those steps with you... but once she has walked the path she will be able to bring her family with her.  

We just recently started teaching this guy named A***.  He is an ex Navy seal.  We have only taught him one lesson... but he came to church and felt the Spirit like no tomorrow!  He has had some rough couple weeks... but you could see him glowing all day today at church.  Sometimes we can't describe why we are happier when we live the gospel or go to church... but we just are!  

I found out that the family that I was teaching down in Palmdale go married on Saturday and that they are going to be baptized this coming Saturday!  Woot!!!  It is so cool how you really do develop a love for the people you teach!  When you have a spiritual experience with some one they become like family!

There is a missionary right now with some interesting circumstances at home and is going through a hard time.  We decided to read the Book of Mormon with him in 1 month. I have already been reading like crazy and I have caught so many more things that I never did before.  No matter how many times you read the Book of Mormon... you will always feel the Spirit and strengthen your testimony in Jesus Christ.  It is so much more helpful when you read it because you want to... than because you are told to.

I have felt the Spirit many times this week as I have born my testimony.  Whenever I share what I know to be true the most overwhelming feeling comes over me.  It is so amazing to feel the Holy Ghost.

I stumbled across these versus in one of my scripture study which explains very simply and beauitfully some of our basic beliefs in the church.

Romans 10:13-15,17
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? 
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Shout out to Gracie and Milo! I love both of you so much! I've got the cutest niece and nephew ever!

Love Uncle Cody Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment