Monday, November 3, 2014

Tripanionship

This last week was an interesting one.  We were in a tripanionship which was really fun but at the same time a little bit difficult.  Missionaries are real life walking thinking humans with their own inspiration.  Sometimes it can be hard to make decisions with just you and your companion... but when there are 3 missionaries and 2 areas that need full attention to both of them it can be pretty stressful and difficult.  However, we did our very best and we definitely stayed busy.  I love my companions and I have enjoyed the spiritual experiences and fun laughs we've had together.

We had some really great lessons with Tonia Priest this week and even had everything set up for her to attend a baptism with the bishop and his wife.  Well, turns out her family isn't the biggest fan of her becoming a Mormon and because of it have sat her and her 8 year old son down and tried to convince them otherwise.  The sad part is her parents aren't very religious themselves so they don't want to learn about the message for themselves yet they don't want her to be a part of it! She is now having serious doubts even though she has felt the spirit soooo many times and has gained her own personal confirmation that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  So frustrating but all we can do is guide her and invite her.  She was planning on being baptized this coming Sunday.. the day before transfers... so we are kinda in the dark with what's going on with her right now.

The Book of Mormon is the Key stone to our religion.  If you know that the book of Mormon is true you also know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, seer, and revelator.  You know that Jesus Christ is your Savior, and you know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom once again established on the earth today.  Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.  None of us can deny what we have felt.  So why do we make excuses....?  We need to stick with what we know... and the things we don't know... we should pray about them. simple as that.  The Lord knows how to give perfect gifts.... What He lets us know and feel are truly perfect gifts if we choose to accept them!

I have learned this week that sometimes love can only be shown by caring and listening.  I don't have answers for everything.... nor do I for most things.... but the scriptures do.  All we can do is listen and love.  I don't like the word mourn because it makes me think of people who are sad... but we need to mourn with those that mourn.  Lots and lots and lots of people are hurting.  If only they took the time to understand for themselves the power and reality the atonement can have in their lives.  Most times there isn't a quick fix for problems of life.... but the atonement can be.  The second you turn to the Savior you will receive immediate help!

We got a new car which was pretty fun to zoom around in.  I still love my ole protégé that takes  40 seconds to go 40.  I wish I was on a bike because there are so many people you drive by that you don't get to stop and talk with. 

It is starting to get really cold here... I think its just cause I have acclimated to the heat... but it has been fun being cold rather than sweating to death. 

Tonight we get to have dinner at our bishops house.  He is the institute director for all of antelope valley.  He has a massive library in his house about church history.  We go over there every other Monday for a deep doctrine conversation usually after an amazing dutch oven dinner.  It is safe to say he is my favorite person in the ward and I would love to stay in contact with him.  His house is up on the hill and has an incredible view.  Usually nights like tonight get my spiritual juices flowing and I feel really close to my Savior! 

Lastly, I want to share how important it is to ponder.  We must think deeply and take time out of our busy lives to think, hope, and imagine.  Usually when investigators don't ponder the material or the lessons we teach them is when they don't have a spiritual attachment to the gospel.  I will forever thank my parents for taking me to Lake Powell because of its beautiful scenery and the tendency to think deeper than the normal.  I have had some incredible prayers answered while taking time out of life and just enjoying nature.  Take a minute to slow down this week and ponder what God has done for you and the Potential you have as one of his spirit children!  God is good all the time... all the time God is Good.

Love you more than all the back flips I've tried wakeboarding, and the incredible adventures I've been on with my buds... (wayyyy tooo many to count)

Shout out to My brother and his wife for having a Baby Girl on the way!!!!!!!!! There were definitely more pink candies!!;) 

Shout out also to the Martin Family! Thanks for your love and package! The popcorn was gone in an instant!

Elder Crandall the thankful Vandal 

No comments:

Post a Comment