Friday, January 22, 2016

Hello from Fort Myers Beach, Florida!


You won't believe this.  Elder Matheny and I talked to this man in a 7-11 in our area about 6 months ago. Elder Horan and I taught him the restoration in which he understood it perfectly and he said he'd never heard such a perfect reason for there being so many churches.  We passed him to some missionaries because he was just outside of our area.  He moved to Florida and still hadn't been baptized.  I got this email this morning.  He is one of the nicest and humblest men I have ever met.  His name is M** Y**.  He is from Saudi Arabia!  No effort is wasted and you never know how far a little effort will go.  I wish I could explain how strongly the spirit prompted me to give him a Book of Mormon the first time I met him while purchasing a slurpee.  Wooooooooooooo! 


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:
Date: Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 7:48 AM
Subject: Re: Hello!
To: cody.crandall


Elder Crandall

I am sorry for not replying all these days. I am in sunny Fort Myers Beach, FL and things are vetting better. I am super happy to inform you that I got Baptized and confirmed last Saturday. I was also ordained to priesthood with clearance to temple visit on Sunday.  I am due to visit the Fort Lauderdale temple on Saturday.

I hope you are doing well. I will be back in California in early March and if possible lets try to meet. I am so very thankful for you and the other elder (i have forgotten the name) for inviting to church. I will uphold you in my prayers.

Thanks and regards.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment