Monday, June 15, 2015

I'm Alive!

I've decided I'm no longer going start my email's with this was a crazy/busy week.... because they are all crazy/busy! haha

I have felt Heavenly Fathers hand in my life quite a bit this past week.  There are so many things moving and going and changing in this world that you wonder how Heavenly Father is in ALL the details... but He is!  We've been teaching the Sacks family for about a month and loved every minute of it.  Their Grandparents came into town this weekend so that Grandpa Sacks could baptized K** and S**.  Well, they had told me in the past that their grandpa was a bishop in a ysa ward in Provo... and a tiny thought came to me... that would be really cool if he knew my brother!  Well, Bishop Sacks happened to be the very Bishop my brother was a counselor to!  When he asked me if I knew a Tanner Crandall I about jumped out of my seat to hug him just for saying his name!!! haha  I've felt close to the Sacks family this whole time... but as soon as I found out how even more connected our lives are together and how Heavenly Father has crossed our paths I felt the spirit so strongly!  There are around 26 stakes in Provo... what are the chances!!!  I'm honored to be one of the tools Heavenly Father has used to help another family come one step closer to living with each other for eternity!:)

One of the best parts of my week was when Bishop Sacks came up to me at the baptism and said Tanner had asked him to do one thing... He grabbed my arm and said, "They are SO proud of you"  If that isn't the best Crandall inside joke I don't know what is! haha :)

We had a lesson today in Sunday School about the gifts of the spirit.  It really opened my eyes and helped me realized that the only reason Heavenly Father gives us these gifts is so that we can become as he is.  The gift to learn knowledge really sank in deep.  Heavenly Father knows literally EVERYTHING!  He expects me to learn as much as possible so that someday millions of years in the future... my knowledge can become perfect as well.  Moroni 10:5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.  The Holy Ghost is the perfect catalyst to help us excel in our learning process.  If you read the scriptures without inviting the Holy Ghost to teach you as you read... then you will miss many insights and answers you are searching for.  My mom had me pray before playing a sport... not so that I would win... but so that I would play my best... my opponent would play their best... and I would learn something I could improve on!! Hanks mom!

We had a lesson with C** this week to go over the baptismal interview questions.  She is so ready.  She used the word atone and atonement in the right context! No investigator ever does that! haha  I'm so excited for her baptism this coming Saturday!

This scripture describes how I feel. Alma 26:11-12

11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Shout out to Tanner, Rach, Jenessa, Milo, and Gracie.  I would have lost it if I'd seen you at the baptism.  You mean the world to me.  I'm so glad I'm stuck with you for eternity!

Love Elder Crandall the Vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment