Monday, January 19, 2015

Get on your knees and pray, then get on your feet and work!

We had a fabulous time this past week.  It amazes me how much better each week seems than the last.  

Since my birthday is in January we were able to attend the temple.  Bishop Mcfarlane took us with his wife on Tuesday morning.  Holy cow it has been almost a full year since I stepped foot in a temple and I was DYING to get back inside one.  I had never been to the LA temple but I sure loved it.  It is HUGE!  Bishop Mcfarlane is one of the smartest and most personable people ever.  He teaches institute so he know his scriptures like the back of his hand.  As we drove down to the temple he had me constantly flipping to scriptures that talked about the temple.  

I cannot explain the pure feeling that I feel in the temple.  The Temple is the House of God.  I learned sooooo much and it felt like Heavenly Father just unscrewed the top of my head and dumped in a bunch of revelation.  My face was sore afterwards because I am pretty sure I had a constant smile from ear to ear the entire time I was in there.  I felt so close to my family and to my Savior.

We had some amazing lessons this week and the exchange we went on literally could not have gone any better than it did.  I was able to go with ELDER BILLINGS.  It was a total blast from the past!  We didn't have the car so we walked to and fro talking with everyone who even dared peek out their window! haha.  We taught T** for probably the last time together.  T** has had Heavenly Fathers hand in her life so much lately she just hasn't noticed that it is God.  She was so close to baptism about 2 months ago but had some complications.  The only thing that is holding her back now is her anxiety.  Every time she has come to church she has felt the Spirit.  I wish some people realized the importance of keeping the commandments, especially the commandment to be baptized.  Anyways, we taught her with as much love as we could muster and she definitely felt it.  She should be coming to church this next week. :)

We have found so many people who have been prepared.  I know I might be leaving this next transfer... but whoever is in this area in the next 3 months is going to be teaching and baptizing like crazy!

We had a cool experience with a new investigator named E** this week that reminded me of an experience I had with my brother.  We were talking about God's love and how we can access it. She was talking about a friend she had who "literally felt the spirit" (how she explained it).  I asked her if she has ever felt God's love before... her answer was in the negative.  Right then and there I asked her if she had enough faith to feel His love right now.  She said yes so.... we dropped right to our knees.  We promised her that if she said a prayer and asked to feel His love then she would feel it.  She talked with God... it wasn't just a prayer to satisfy us... It was a prayer in which God satisfied her.  The second she said Amen she looked at us and asked why she felt so warm.  I couldn't stop smiling.  We told her that THAT is the way God answers prayers.  The Spirit was so warm and comforting in the room.  I love being a part of someones first experience with real prayer just like my brother was there for one of my first times.  

There were so many other miracle lessons we had in which the Spirit was obviously present.  I wish I had time to tell you about all of them.  Just know that you can have your own experiences!

Quote I heard while proselyting this last week that just cracked me up.

"No matter how much weed Satan smokes... he will never be the most HIGH GOD."

Shout out to my sister Jenessa la puepes! Happy Birthday! I wonder how much you are gonna grow on your birthday!?

Love Elder Crandall the vandal

No comments:

Post a Comment